Un-Age Food Accelerator, powered by Echo
Applications are open till 14th May.
Calling all budding food entrepreneurs…
• Have a great idea for a food business that you want to test out?
• Want to professionalise your food skills and turn them into a revenue stream?
• Have an early-stage food business and want to grow it?
Echo are partnering with Un-Age to give 10 early-stage East London food businesses a boost!
Applications are now open for our new 6-week accelerator programme kicking off in June 2021. Read on to find out more and apply.
This 6-week programme is designed for early-stage food entrepreneurs looking to take the next step in their business journey.
The programme includes:
• 6 weekly masterclasses on core business topics such as digital presence, finance, marketing, storytelling and more
• A peer group of other food entrepreneurs to share skills with and learn from
• Opportunities to test and promote your business, and grow your customer base
• Access to Echo’s network to access 1:1 support and expertise
We are open to any kind of food business – products, catering, takeaway, dining experiences, street food or restaurants.
You don’t need to be fully up and running yet, but you do need to show that your idea has potential and you’ve got the drive to make it a success!
Un-Age champion inter-generational learning – so we are particularly keen to hear from business founders who are either under 30 or over 55! But if you’re somewhere in the middle, that’s ok too
What will I get out of the programme?
By completing the programme, you will…
• Build your knowledge and confidence in core business skills
• Gain access to potential customers and market opportunities
• Build your network of peers and experts
• Create a clear roadmap to move your business forward
Who is it for?
The Un-Age Food Accelerator is designed for early-stage food entrepreneurs who aspire to develop and grow their business.
We are looking for people to take part who are:
• Based in East London (living or working in either Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham or Waltham Forest)
• Under 30 or over 55 years of age (but we are open to people outside of this bracket too)
• Passionate about their food business
• Open to sharing and learning with others
We believe in the power of diversity and are especially interested to receive applications from people from underrepresented groups.
If you’re not sure you are eligible for this programme, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. If you don’t quite meet the criteria but are keen to take part, there may be some flexibility.
Meet your hosts
Echo is a community where people help each other by sharing skills and talents. There’s no money involved – instead, we use a currency called Echoes. It’s simple: 1 Echo = 1 hour of your time.
It’s a great way to build your skillset, grow your project or business, and expand your network.
It’s free to join at www.economyofhours.com
To apply for a place on the programme, please complete the application via the link below by 14th May. It should take no more than 15 minutes to complete.
Successful applicants will be contacted week beginning 17th May, and the programme will commence week beginning 24th May.